Final Fantasy V - Four Job Fiesta 2016: Run #1, Chaos
Chaos mode. AKA "You will be assigned jobs". You can be handed any job for any crystal with no limitations. These are disorganized notes from a write-up I made for a forum post. Future runs should be more thought out.
Finished an (Official) Chaos run with BST / BST / CHM / SAM. Team bullshit if I've ever seen one. You'll see the word "bullshit" about a dozen times in this write-up.
- Freelancers until Karnak. Made easy by breaking the Carwen Ice Rod on Magisa, then getting Whip, Healing Staff and Katana
- Beastmaster fun: Release 4 Zuus on Ifrit, Page32 for X-Zone on Byblos, D-Chimera for Aqua Rake on Sandworm, then Sand Bears til...
- Chemist and Samurai get. Throw a few more Sand Bears out to finish world 1
- Silenced Gilgamesh on the bridge with Mage Mashers, whipped him to death with my Beastmasters
- Four heroes with !control? Detour to Sealed Castle and control ShieldDragons for risk-free 10k EXP per kill. Grind to 30 in minutes!
- Hiryuu Plant is not immune to Death, so melee'd down the pods and released an Aquathorn from the surrounding swamp
- Gilgamesh on the boat: Enkidu can be controlled and casts Hurricane, which both are vulnerable to!
- Spent way too long trying to drop Barrier Rings in Barrier Tower, didn't get a single one :(
- Captured the Monster-In-Box Yellow Dragons and released them on Atmos for an easy kill. Left my Chemist dead for the fight
- Seal Crystals took two Gil Tosses and died, yawn
- Skipped castle Gilgamesh because I didn't want to farm captures, released 4 Yellow Dragons on Exdeath for an instant kill
- World 3, captured the Goblin from the Monster-In-Box in the beginner house for a free 1200 damage flare on Antlion, then Gil Toss
- Pyramid was actually hard! But i was close to !slash so I finished it out here
- Melusine bopped me a few times until I just turtled until her physical-vulnerable phase, then lit her up with Samurai and Chicken Knife
- Grabbed the Murasame, Fire Whip, and Assassin Dagger. Then grabbed the Magic Lamp
- Some cash grinding here to pick up 3 Hermes Sandals (a 4th to be picked up in the Void)
- Calofisteri, I gave my Samurai Hermes Sandals and Bone Mail and went AFK for 10 minutes :)
- Apanda, Catastrophe, and Halicarnassus all ate 4 released Great Dragons and died
- TwinTania bopped me once, then I got incredibly lucky timing !slash such that it hit when it was vulnerable to Death
- Skipped Necrophobe because I had a team full of bullshit and was confident and I'd skipped GIlgamesh before so no cutscene
- ExDeath... Chemist bullshit resulting in level 255 Chemist and Samurai, immune to everything, doing 6000 damage a pop. Used Magic Lamp twice for Bahamut and Leviathan for 12k damage to all parts, released two Dragon Avis for 19k damage to all parts. Finished the last living part with a third Magic Lamp use for Odin. Exdeath had a bad day :)
- Beastmaster is bullshit
- Chemist is bullshit
- Samurai is bullshit
- I ran team bullshit